14 de julio de 2017

Hungover? Take a "michelada" at La Roma!


La Roma -Mexico City- neighborhood has grown as a tourist destination both for foreign visitors and nationals as well in the recent years, mixing local and foreign deco, design & cuisine styles as well: I recently went to a small jazz club that made me remember my newyorker times!

But I am also proud of the very Mexican options such as "Michelada" restaurant @Casa Quimera (Orizaba at Guanajuato street), where I -confessed "chilaquiles" expert- had the most delicious of such dishes with the (not yet, but shortly) world renowned "salsa borracha" made with the Aztec God's delight internationally known as "pulque".

Take a look at the pics, watch the videos at the end... and then, try some of these delicacies for yourself in your next visit to La Roma!
A house "michelada" named after "hangover cure":  beer, chile, sauces, tamarindo, vegetables and shrimp.
Yes: they are fried crickets. And they are delicious, I promise!
And now.. the most special "chilaquiles"! Blue-corn fried chips with "salsa borracha" (with pulque) and "cecina" (dried meat) from Yecapixtla: crunchy, spicy & sour in the right proportion to make you forget that horrible headache you arrive feeling!
Watch what Javier Martínez (from"Micheladas" and "Los Fondues" brands) told me about their main Sunday offering:


Now hear the cook talking about... yes, his cherished mother! Video in Spanish: enable Youtube subtitles.









 ..
 
And... if it were still needd: I tell you what a "michelada" is!




No hay comentarios.: